Monday 27 February 2012

MAC Matte Gel

I bought the MAC Matte gel to use as a primer a while ago now, and it's coming to the end of it's life so I thought I'd give you my two cents on it...



































First of all, if you don't like primers that feel very siliconey - stay well clear of this. It just looks like a clear gel (very similar to a lot of silicone based primers). I use this over my moisturiser and under my foundation.


























When applied, skin instantly looks matte and feels super smooth and velvety. It helps concealer and foundation glide on and blend seamlessly. I also noticed that once I had put my foundation on my pores did seem visibly smaller - not invisible mind, but definitely considerably smaller. Does it make my make up last longer? I have very oily skin, and this does seem to keep shine at bay for much longer than if I weren't to wear it. Paired with a long lasting foundation my make up does stay pretty much all day - but probably only an extra couple of hours than if I weren't to wear it.

Would I repurchase? In all honesty, I don't think I would. It's very similar to the GOSH Velvet Touch foundation primer and the Elf Mineral primer, which are of course, much cheaper. And with the GOSH primer you get loaaads of product. It's a good primer to try out if you've got very oily skin and large pores but I don't think it's worth the money and it did seem to run out quite quickly.

You can buy it for £14.00 on the MAC website or in stores, you get 25ml of product.

Have you tried this primer? What are you primer recommendations?
NATALIE, XO

3 comments:

  1. So glad you did this review. This is something I have often seen and contemplated buying but never taken the step. Think you saved me some money. Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it would be good for dry skin? I'm looking for a new primer.
    Www.jodiecharlotte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the Laura Mercier foundation primer! It helps my makeup last so long and although I don't have oily skin I should think it would work for that as well. I don't like silicone feeling primers as I feel like they make my foundation slip off whereas the LM primer dries and is lovely, highly recommend it xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single comment that you guys leave. I wish that Blogger had a reply button so I could speak to you all directly but meh! Please check back because I do reply :)