Wednesday 1 June 2011

Smokey Brown Feline eye

Hello ladies,
It feels like I haven't done a face/eye of the day for a while, so I thought I would today! Even though my make up is super, super simple lol. It was vaguely inspired by Khloe Kardashian... I love how she wears dark brown smokey eyes, quite winged out with very neutral face make up and nude lips. She wears the look so well and I thought I'd give it a go :)






































I think I would've like for it to have been a little bit darker even...
Urban Decay Twice Baked, over lid + lower lashline
Bronze/Brown colour Sleek Storm palette, dabbed over the top + lower lashline
Elf Black Cream Eyeliner, lined top lashline with no wing
Benefit Bad Gal khol eyeliner, waterline
Prestige My Longest Lashes


























Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation
Natural Collection loose powder
NYC Smooth Skin bronzer
MAC Harmony as contour
Elf Mineral Blush in Bliss

MAC The Faeire Glen lipstick
Barry M Lip Gloss Wand in Toffee
17 Lip Gloss in Pink Ice

So that's the overall look! Not doing anything particularly exciting today, I just fancied taking my time to do my make up this morning. Sometimes you just need to don't you? Lol. Revision is taking up most of my time so just taking 30 minutes out to do my make up properly feels like a bit of a luxury lol.

My boyfriend's been on holiday for a week now, one more week to go! I wasn't missing him too much until today really. It just feels very odd because my routine is out of whack lol. I'll be glad when he gets home but some time apart does a couple good I think... makes you appreciate things more :) Anyway I'm rambling! Hope you're all doing great :)
NATALIESLOVEx

14 comments:

  1. I really like this, it's like a smart smokey eye? Kind of daytime friendly? And it really brings the colour of your eyes out..I might try it myself x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really nice, looks lovely on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look really nice, i loe brown smokey eyes :D x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love this look. i'm so cack handed though i'd never be able to do as good a job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this look is great :) you look gorgeous and this week will whizz by :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely, so effective and I agree with the Khloe Kardashian thing - her make up (and her sister's make up) is always faultless!

    Hope you don't get too bored of revision!

    Katie x

    www.blueberriesnstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks gorgeous. So simple but looks stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That make up looks stunning! Always prefer to do a smoky eye with browns rather than blacks/greys, it doesnt look as dramatic yet is still effective x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous on you. Your eye colour is so nice too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Rhamnousia - Aw thank you, yeah I don't like to go too dramatic in the day but I think I can get away with this ;) lol.

    @Rachel - Thanks lovely!

    @AngelaQ - Thank you ♥ Me too, I much prefer brown to grey/black.

    @Jessica - Oh don't worry about it, I'm pretty cackhanded too haha. You just need to find the right brushes and positions (wow that sounded a bit pervy) for your hands :D

    @Corrie - Thank you hun, and I hope so! :)

    @kt_gray_3 - I know, I would love to have a peek through their make up collections! Thank you lol, revision is draining the life from me haha.

    @Zoe - Thank you :D

    @Victoria - Oooh me too, it's much more subtle. I think grey and black always looks a bit odd on me... maybe I'll do a post and show you haha :L

    @cosmetic-junkie - Ahh thanks girly ♥

    @Emma - Aw thanks, really?! I always thought my eyes were really dull lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aah this is a great look, smokey brown is so lovely and soft, I often wear smokey browns in the daytime as well as evening! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really suits your eye colour & shape :) & this sounds quite weird, but it works well with the shape of your eyebrows too haha x

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Michelle - Me too, it can work so well when going from day-night, I just pop a bit of black into the outer corner to make it a little darker... instant night time look!

    @Shanice - Thank you lovely :) Ahaa, I hate my eyebrows at the moment >.< they won't do what I want them too! Haha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single comment that you guys leave. I wish that Blogger had a reply button so I could speak to you all directly but meh! Please check back because I do reply :)