Wednesday 27 July 2011

Project 10 Pan: 4 down!

Hey everyone :)
I've mentioned a few times before (especially on twitter) that I put myself on a one month make up spending band - I succeeded! I did not buy one item of make up for 30 whole days which might sound minuscule but it was tough, haha! By the end of it I realised just how much money I must waste... and that it is possible to walk out of Boots empty handed! 

After re-stocking my make up drawer of it's essentials (foundation, powder + mascara) I decided I would try another make up challenge. Project 10 pan. I'm sure you've all heard of it but if you haven't... you basically aren't allowed to buy make up until you have used up or 'hit pan' on 10 items of make up already in your collection. I started Project 10 Pan on Wednesday, so it's been roughly a week and I'm already speeding ahead! I thought I would show you which products I've used up/hit pan on and do quick/mini/speed reviews on each product :)


























Natural Collection 'Cover-up Cream' Concealer
I actually really like this concealer and was completely shocked, I know that cheap doesn't always mean bad... but in most cases it does! You can pick this up in Boots for £1.99 and is one of the gems from Natural Collection. Now, this isn't going to cover every single spot... I'd say it has medium coverage but it can be built up. The beauty of it is that it just doesn't look cakey it sits on the skin nicely and is really quite light. I love this for under the eyes because I find concealer often looks heavy there, but this doesn't. 

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
Can I start off by saying that I HATE that the writing rubs off of the packaging after literally, a few days! A lot of hype surrounds this concealer and I just can't see it :/ Although I think this could possibly due to the fact that it's not really the right colour for me. It does cover blemishes and redness amazingly, but I found this to be quite orange toned on my skin and also thought it was a bit hard to blend. Meh, probably my own fault!

Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
I can't fault the applicator... felt tip liners are always the easiest to use (in my opinion) and I can always get a really sharp wing, without any drag. However, I do have an issue with the formula... but this is a common issue I've found with these felt tip liner style eyeliners - they dry out so quickly! I had to go over my line 2 or 3 times to get an intense black and once I'd finished one eye I had to wait for more product to reach the nib before doing my other eye. Longevity was great, stayed all day. I just think that felt tip liners will always dry out quickly :(

MAC Studio Finish Concealer
Yes, another concealer! I've obviously had a lot to conceal lately :| This is hands down, the best concealer I've ever used. The pot has lasted me foreverrr so I can justify the price. It covers absolutely everything, and once warmed up on the skin is extremely creamy which helps it blend seamlessly, lasts all day as well. Don't like this under the eyes though... looks a tad too heavy.

So that's 4 products finished, 6 to go! Hope it goes quickly because I have a long wishlist at the moment!
NATALIESLOVEx

9 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea! I spend so much on things and really need to use them up!

    I actually used a whole cuticle pen up and I was so shocked that I actually used something up!

    I will deffo give this a go :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea! It's hard not to be tempted on all the boots 3 for 2 offers though ;) At least you get what you pay for with the Mac concealer, but i am surprised at how good you say the Natural Collection one is, i'm all for the bargains so i might have to try that one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lasting perfection concealer but yeah I HATE the packaging thing, so annoying. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing so well! Can't believe you have finished 4 products in nearly a week! Well done u! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I really want to try the concealer!

    I'm well impressed at the 4 products in a week

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're doing so well after only a week! I'm doing my own P10P & am really struggling at the mo :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Chelle - Would definitely recommend doing it... it makes you realise how much stuff you actually have! Ooh I need something to sort my cuticles out, they're disgusting, lol!

    @Jessica - I'm not good at resisting temptation! I made an order with Elf :( Bad Natalie...

    @Amy - Eurgh, it bugs me so much! Lol, the Rimmel Lash Accelerator does it too!

    @MyButterfly63 - I think I just got lucky and a lot of it was already almost done!

    @Rachel - Haha why thank you ;) I was shocked too!

    @Toni - Haha thank you! I think it is actually really difficult! I just use it as an excuse to do my make up multiple times a day ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Claire - These have been hanging around in my collection for ages... think i just got lucky! Haha. Aw thank you, means so much!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single comment that you guys leave. I wish that Blogger had a reply button so I could speak to you all directly but meh! Please check back because I do reply :)