Thursday 7 July 2011

Skincare Secret: Sudocrem

Hello lovelies,
So I'm going to do a review on a product which I've always had in my possession since I was about 13. It is seriously one of my skincare saviours and is one of the best multi use products, in the world. Yes I said it! I was approached by the lovely PR team and asked if I'd like to try out the 'new' Sudocrem marketed as 'Skin Care Cream' that comes in a new squeezy tube opposed to the tub which it only used to be available in. I jumped at the chance because I do love the product and I only had the 400g tub (I told you I love the stuff), so I thought it would be nice to have smaller and more hygienic way of using Sudocrem, but essentially it is the same cream. I know that I was sent this product but it does in no way affect my opinion, this is an honest review :)


























Like I said, this is a major multi use product and here are some of the ways that you can use Sudocrem...
- Nappy rash
- Sunburn (life saver)
- Minor burns
- Bites
- Rashes
- Eczema
- Acne (which is my favourite way)

























Sudocrem used to only be available in tubs of various sizes, I think it's genius that you can now buy 30g in a squeezy tube. Most of my use from this cream is to treat spots, so this tube is much more hygienic than digging your fingers into tubs which is very important when dealing with acne. It's almost much smaller and good to carry in your handbag for things like sunburn, bites etc.

Initially it is quite difficult to squeeze the product out of the tube, because it's texture is quite hard - think butter. You only need to squeeze a tiny amount out (much less than the photo) because it does sort of melt once warmed up on the skin.

























When warmed up, you can see it turns into this thick, rich cream. It honestly works wonders with acne - I'm not saying it gets rid of spots, but it does help them heal more rapidly and seems to take the redness out. When I was around 13 I suffered from acne on my shoulders/back. I applied this every night before I went to bed and they cleared up quite quickly, I rarely get one now but if I do - this goes straight on!


























I use this for spots on my face too, and works just as well. When my skin is in a particularly bad state I will apply a thin layer of this all over my face and it helps calm the spots down. But on days where I just have one or two/redness from previous spots I use this as a direct spot treatment. I'll take a small amount and rub it into the spot/red area. It does leave the skin looking paler and pasty for a while, but I'd recommend you use this just before bed anyway.

This is definitely one of my holy grail skincare products I couldn't be without, and I know a lot of people swear by it. This 30g tube is available for £1.99 so is affordable as well!

What do you use your Sudocrem for?
NATALIESLOVEx

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware this was a new product, more a repromote, since I've had this for around a year!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jenny - Oh! Then it's just new to me then, haha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of love for Sudocrem! I didn't realise they did it in a tube, I need to pick one of these up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worship sudocrem! It's really good on blackheads too, I use it around my nose and it really minimises the appearance of them :) x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single comment that you guys leave. I wish that Blogger had a reply button so I could speak to you all directly but meh! Please check back because I do reply :)