Thursday 25 February 2010

REVIEW: Schwarzkopf Gliss

Hiya guys!
So this is going to be a review on something that I picked up a couple of weeks ago the Schwarzkopf Gliss shampoo and conditioner.

The reason why I picked this up in first place is that I kind of got stuck in a rut of using Pantene. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Pantene and I probably will always go back to it... But I'd been told by a few people that it isn't the most beneficial shampoo & cond to use for healthy hair, which is what I'm currently trying to achieve in order to grow my it.

I thought it was about time to start trying other brands and try and break my bond with Pantene :( The first brand I tried was Tresseme, I've never been a fan of their shampoo or conditioners but I thought I should give them the benefit of the doubt and try them again - nope still didn't like them. When I went into the pound shop (yes I know!!) to pass some time, I saw the Schwarzkopf Gliss. I'd never used any Schwarzkopf products before other than their hair dyes - which I don't have a bad thing to say about. Considering they were so cheap there was never a second thought!


Schwarzkopf say: 'New with cell repair, repairs inside the hair cell, up to 130% more shine' 'The Gliss formula with elements of liquid silk and a gloss enhancer gives suppleness and breathtaking shine. Smoothes the hair's surface - for intense shine, hair as smooth as silk, for daily use.'

What I think: Now they are some pretty high claims to live up to! And for me, it did not fulfil any of them. I've been using this for almost 2 weeks, and I'm once again... back to Pantene!

The first thing that I hate about this shampoo is the smell. For me, smell is really important and this just smells eurgh. It actually smells like some kind of kitchen cleaner! Not nice at all. But I thought hey, it might make my hair super healthy and shiny. I was wrong. It applied to my hair well and I had high hopes... However when I got out of the bath and carried on with my normal hair routine. When my hair had been dried and straightened I found none of the shine that they claimed. Pantene makes my hair far shinier than this did. I also found it made my hair feel quite greasy... I was confused, I was 100% I had washed the conditioner out completley. The next time I used it I spent extra time washing out the conditioner - the same thing happened. So this got me thinking... maybe it was the product I was using afterwards? So the next time I didn't use any products in my hair... but yet the same thing happened! I don't know if this is just me, but it felt like it had like a oily residue on my hair. Maybe this is what they meant by 'shine'??? Who knows. All I know is I will not be using this again, lol. I might've been quite harsh on this product. But I really, really dislike it! Looks like my search for a new s&c continues!

Next stop: John Freida.

Have any of you tried Schwarzkopf shampoo's? Did they work for you?
Natalieslovex

6 comments:

  1. I love the Schwarzkopf Bliss range, my favourite is the blonde shampoo that I buy in Germany it's the best. I just wish they would bring it out in the UK!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitchen cleaner is never good lol
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried two of their ranges..None of them worked. For me, it's a shitty brand except for hair dyes ! I can only advice you to use Aussie products, they are win :) !

    ReplyDelete
  4. i tried the conditioner but found that it didn't really deliver on the shine front..despite what the bottle claimed. It DID make my hair softer.. but who wants softness when you can have shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ehhh bummer huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tu eres tonta jajaja

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read every single comment that you guys leave. I wish that Blogger had a reply button so I could speak to you all directly but meh! Please check back because I do reply :)